Thursday, December 20, 2012

Two Poems by Raymond Keen

The Weather Report

. . . or G. Gordon Liddy,

on TV playing himself.

Is this a great country, or what!

Rosland Capital sells gold,

real GOLD!

“. . . and I always get my GOLD

in 10 days or less!”

Is this a great country, or what!


Moving on to local news,

a pregnant mother murdered

her only living child,

her 4-month old daughter,

who just barely fit into

her MICROWAVE.

A GE Model JES2251SJ.

It’s the BIGGEST and it’s the BEST!

Is this a great country, or what!


Now let’s break for commercial.

Now let’s break for the stock report.

Now let’s break for the weather report.


Coming Next Fall:

MEDIA NEWS FLASH announces

a new reality show:

“Mothers-on-Parole who murdered their infants –

Pajama sleepover with Anderson Cooper.”

Don’t worry, America! Anderson is gay.





Verbs & Nouns Don't Clog Arteries


Surprise?

Or Bacon,

as in

I bacon you to believe

in earnest

Money

$$$$$!

No action

in sadness.

I dedicate this

POEM

to

onomatopoeia

or Pythagoras,

whichever comes 1st.

(In a right angled triangle:
the square of the hypotenuse is equal to
the sum of the squares of the other two sides.)

a2 + b2 = c2

I rest my case x 3.

I rest my case x 3.

I rest my case x 3.

Now go take on the Day!
 
 
 
 
RAYMOND KEEN’s first volume of poetry, Love Poems for Cannibals, will be published in December 2012. His drama, The Private and Public Life of King Able, will be published in early 2013. Five of his poems appeared in the July/August 2005 Issue of The American Poetry Review. Since 2010, Raymond’s poems have been accepted for publication by 24 literary journals.
Raymond spent three years as a Navy Clinical Psychologist with a year in Vietnam (July 1967 – July 1968). Since that time he has worked as a School Psychologist in the USA and overseas, until his retirement in 2006. Raymond lives with his wife Kemme in Sahuarita, AZ. They have two grown children.

No comments:

Post a Comment