Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Three Poems from your editor, April Salzano


Out of Thin Air
I must choose my words, carefully
and quietly, so they do not hear me coming
with a butterfly net and a straight jacket.
I am diving up/through loose threads of sleep.
Neither will not come willingly & Both/
is too heavy for me to lift//on my own, what
goes unhomogenized will settle at the top
to be skimmed/from another dream.
 

I Will Rise Above
Hallelujah cliché
I sing as I
rise
           to sky,
palm balls into fist,
          body into air
in my dance
of mending.
 
 
here i am inside
[jackpot]
of your mouth
(w)hole/home
dish liquid/dreams
lubricate/domesticated
fuckery//
 
obsolete breed (less
obscure) monkeys see
dildos do/the trick & quick
before anybody comes--
money shot//
 
faceful of miracle
(whip)
 
 
 
April Salzano teaches college writing in Pennsylvania where she lives with her husband and two sons. She recently finished her first collection of poetry, for which she is seeking a publisher and is working on a memoir on raising a child with autism. Her work has appeared in journals such as Poetry Salzburg, Convergence, Ascent Aspirations, The Camel Saloon, Centrifugal Eye, Deadsnakes, Montucky Review, Visceral Uterus, Salome, Poetry Quarterly, Writing Tomorrow and Rattle. The author also serves as co-editor at Kind of a Hurricane Press. 

No comments:

Post a Comment